HISTORY OF THE UNIT
2293 Army Cadets was originally designated as #2293 The Saskatoon Light Infantry (MG) Cadet Corps on its formation, effective 1 May 1947. As the affiliated unit was re-designated, so was the Cadet Corps. Effective 17 February 1955 it was re-designated as #2293 2nd Battalion, The North Saskatchewan Regiment (SLI) Cadet Corps.
In December of 1970, with the reduction of the affiliated Regiment to one Battalion, the Corps was re-designated as #2293 The North Saskatchewan Regiment Cadet Corps. The Corps is sponsored by Unit #38, Army Navy and Air Force Veterans Association.